So… Into the Still Blue releases in five days!! I have already read and reviewed and loved this book (read my review!), but am SO excited that the world will finally learn how things end for our beloved characters. I’m also really sad to say goodbye to them. When Fahima wrote and asked me to be a part of her farewell party, I was super excited to jump on board. My job is to tell you why this series is so awesome. Jeez… what a tough job… I’m going to keep things vague so that new readers can read without having anything spoiled!
1. The ending is superb. Don’t worry about investing your time and emotions into a series that slowly fizzles and dies. This one delivers. It took me a month to be able to write my feelings, and I still think I did not do a good enough job.
2. The second book, Through the Ever Night, does not suffer from the sophomore slump. So there really is no torturous reading time. At all.
3. The sky in this series is a dynamic character all on its own. And it looks like it was pulled straight from Van Gogh’s Starry Night.
4. The importance of family is a constant theme. Any loved one becomes family, and everyone protects everyone. It’s such a sweet idea. I particularly love the friendship between Roar and Perry. It just melted me. Perry in particular is extremely devoted to the people he cares about, and I would love to have someone like him in my life.
5. You really come to care for these characters. Not only are they family, but they make YOU feel like you’re part of their family, too.
6. Veronica Rossi is an amazing author. Her descriptions of this world are absolutely mesmerizing, and she is so talented. I’d love to jump into her imagination and live there.
7. We see actual growth from all our beloved characters across the entire series. Perry learns to achieve balance in his life, and learns to deal with extreme emotions. Aria has to learn to value herself and that it’s ok to love these people even though they are supposed to be her enemies. Roar goes through SO much soul searching. Cinder discovers how special he is. I loved watching them all transform and figure themselves out.
8. I love the survival instinct that is so strong and inspiring.These people value their lives, and they go to great lengths to survive. We can all relate to that, I think. In times of conflict, these characters are level-headed enough to band together with their enemies for the greater good. I loved watching boundaries dissolve when the fight for live became so severe.
9. Each book is crammed full of all the things! You’re never bored, you’re never wasting your time catching up on the previous books, and you just KNOW that every thing that happens is pivotal and epic.
10. The love between Perry and Aria is swoony, yet realistic at the same time. It’s not all sunshine and roses. The storms allow us to see how much they truly care for one another. And the sweet moments are a million times better because we know they had to work for them.
11. I love all the little enriching details. The Realms, which are basically alternate realities. The pods that the Dwellers live in. The notion that the outside world is scary and disease-ridden, when it’s actually filled with beautiful sights and people. The back stories of our favorite characters, and how they got to where they did. I just loved immersing myself in everything!
12. The action! OH MY. I don’t even know how to elaborate on this.
13. No matter which book you read, the ending will stop your heart and leave you flailing for the next book. Luckily, if you start now you won’t have to suffer and wait!
14. There is SO much emotion. I think I felt everything I could possibly feel as I read the series. I felt love, heartache, hope, anger, frustration, worry, happy, fear. I cried, laughed, swooned.
15. As terrifying as this world is, Veronica made me want to live there so I could be with these characters and experience what they do.
Basically, I am so sad that everything is over, and I am so sad to say goodbye to Aria, Perry, Roar, Cinder, and everyone else. At the same time, though, I’m so excited for you to read it and revel in the amazingness of it all! I’m also excited for what Veronica Rossi has in store for us next!
Make sure you check out the rest of the tour!
Jan 20 – Cuddlebuggery Book Blog – Live Chat with Veronica Rossi
Jan 21 – I Read, Ergo I Write – UTNS Characters Are Here to Party!
Jan 22 – The Cover Contessa – Discussion on Aria and Roar’s Relationship
Jan 23 – That Artsy Reader Girl – Top 15 Reasons Why I Love the UTNS Series
Jan 24 – The Story Siren – A Goodbye Letter
Jan 25 – Hello, Chelly – Top Ten Aria and Perry Moments
Jan 27 – Blkosiner’s Book Blog – Into the Still Blue Book Review
And make sure you pre-order Into the Still Blue or run out and grab your copy on January 28th!