Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at the other blog I write for, The Broke and the Bookish.
It’s freebie day, and I’m excited because I really wanted to do this topic back when it was on the schedule, and I ran out of time! So now’s my chance!
I have adored some of the minor and semi-major characters in the books I’ve read, and would love to see them get their own books so I can learn their stories and their thoughts. Here are my choices, although it’s hard to narrow it down to just 10!
1. Captain Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
He kind of got his own book (ish) in Cress because he’s Cress’s love interest… but I seriously just want a full-length novel (I know he has a novella) of his life before he joined the Cinder bandwagon. He’s full of so much snark and sarcasm. I just know his one-liners will be referenced forever.
2. Gale Hawthorne from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
I might be the only person who is on team Gale… I’m sorry, but I really do not like Peeta. At all. And I wanted Gale to find love!!!! So he needs his own book and his own love story.
3. Nikolai from The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
I don’t think we need much of an explanation here. I LOVED him so much. Can I please read a book alllllllll about him? Please?
4. The Darkling from The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
I dunno. Maybe I like bad boys. But I want his story! We got tiny pieces of it, but I want to know him better and why he became who he became.
5. Captain Chaol from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
Maybe I like captains?
6. Lucien from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
I think I’m beginning to see a trend here… I’m a fan of snarky, swoony guys. I loved Lucien! He’s got the best sense of humor, and he’s so loyal. I’d love it if he was the start of his own book.
7. Perry’s nephew, Talon, from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Wouldn’t it be cool to have a book from not-so-young-anymore-Talon’s point of view now that they have made it to the Still Blue? Second generation spin-off series, no? Or we could learn about what his life was like during the time he was kidnapped.
8. Reneesme from The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
Seriously. I’d devour this.
9. Edward from The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.
We were promised this, dangit!
10. Roar from the Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi
Roar is my love. I want him to find happiness!