Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at the other blog I write for, The Broke and the Bookish.
Over at The Broke and the Bookish we do this topic every year and I swear it was made for me! As host of the Debut Author Challenge, I’m all over debuts and there are some amazing ones coming out this year! It’s hard to only pick 10, but I’m going to make myself stick to this limit!
1. Caraval by Stephanie Garber: I’ve already read it, and it’s AMAZING. You neeeed to read it! It was beautiful, and absolutely a new favorite of mine!
2. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden: It’s described as being magical, guys. And it’s Russian! Winter demon… I mean come on.
3. To Catch a Killer by Sheryl Scarborough: Yay mysteries! I love them when they’re done well!
4. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller: You had me at pirate.
5. The Book Jumper by Mechthild Gläser: I’m reading this now, and it’s pretty fun! The characters can jump into stories and interact with the characters!
6. Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse: Girl has 7 days before she moves to Tokyo… What will she do with those 7 days?
7. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon: This sounds like a delightful romantic comedy! Two Indian-American teens are arranged to be married someday… Super interesting!
8. And We’re Off by Dana Schwartz: An artsy girl is sent to Europe on an all expenses paid vacation from her grandfather. But there’s a catch… I’m SO IN.
9. The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson: I’ve been craving an exciting dystopia lately, and this one sounds awesome! There’s a war, and the bad guys win and take over the earth. The last neutral place in the world, Sanctuary Island, is where you go to find safety… but this island is not safe at all.
10. Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser: A fantasy “set along the waterways of a magical world”. That’s ALL I NEEDED.
Since you’re here anyway… Sign up for the Debut Author Challenge!
And tell me which debuts you’re excited to read!