Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at the other blog I write for, The Broke and the Bookish.
Well FINALLY this topic has come along in my life and I am so excited because book. boyfriends. Maybe I’m alone on this (I know I’m not alone on this), but I totally swoon and fall a little in love with some of the guys from the books I read. It’s not even hard because authors GET IT. So here are my favorite book boyfriends (because I have more than 10… sorry, not sorry), in no particular order, with some pretty amazing fan art because obviously fan art should always happen in a post like this.
The numbers above coincide with the numbers down below.
1. Rhysand from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas (art by Charlie Bowater)
Then I would have torn apart the world to get you back.
He’s powerful, protective, handsome, loyal, sensuous, and darkly firm, yet caring. And the things he says to Feyre make me swoon every single time.
2. Thomas Cresswell from the Stalking Jack the Ripper series by Sarah J. Maas (art by PhantomRin)
He’s so dapper and intelligent and forward thinking. And he’s so sweet and silly and loyal and has the driest humor. He’s so protective of Audrey Rose, it just makes me melt. AND READ WHAT HE SAYS:
For there are no limits to the stars, their numbers infinite. Which is precisely why I measure my love for you by the stars. An amount too boundless to count.
3. Étienne St.Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (art by The Art of Young Adult)
Basically he’s just loving and romantic. I don’t think he’s super cute in my mind, but his personality and who he is makes him the ideal boyfriend.
4. Carswell Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (art by lostie815)
He’s snarky and egotistical, but also funny and sweet. Major crushing going on over here.
5. Malyen Oretsev (a.k.a Mal) from the Shadow and Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (art by PhantomRin)
He was Alina’s best friend before they fell in love, and it’s so sweet to hear about their relationship. I just want a Mal for myself! And read this swoony thing he says:
“I’ve walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I’d do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don’t tell me we don’t belong together.”
6. Lucien Vanserra from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas (art by Coralie Jubénot)
I have always loved Lucien’s friendship with Feyre. It’s so sweet. I love that he falls in love with all he can, no matter what anyone thinks. He feels very deeply. He’s very loyal to those he cares about, and he’s super snarky and witty. I love his sarcasm. Plus, he’s super handsome regardless of his scars and russet eye.
7. Cassian from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas (art by Coralie Jubénot)
Ok, ok… I’m trying to not make everything about the ACOTAR men, but it seems to be happening. Cassian is super powerful. He has wings, so he can fly me anywhere I want. He’s super confident and cocky, which I don’t always like, but he doesn’t go overboard with it.
8. Jaxon Tyrus Rafferty (a.k.a Rafe) from the Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson (photo posted by someone who thought he looked like Rafe. No idea who this man is, but I agree and I’m swooning.)
He’s noble and wonderful!
9. W.W. Hale the Fifth from the Heist Society series by Ally Carter (art by candy8496)
The gorgeous best friend. He ad Kat have the best tension, and I love their shenanigans. He’s rich and classy, and is always looking out for Kat. His previous life goes to show how unlikely a candidate he is for Kat’s crew, but he fits in so well because you can tell how much he cares for her.
10. Sam from the Newsoul trilogy by Jodi Meadows (original cover art)
This guy is Mr. Perfect, in my book. Because he’s been reincarnated so many times, he’s extremely smart, talented, and mature. He’s unbelievably caring and considerate. He adores Ana and helps her figure out that she’s worth so much more than her birth mother has been telling her her whole life. And he’s musical. Like really, he is an amazing musician. He made me melt a little.
Who are your book boyfriends?