In honor of Valentine’s Day tomorrow this week’s topic is a love freebie! I’m so excited to see what you chose to write your list on.
I love swoony romances. I can’t help it! I am a hopeless romantic, and I love reading about people in love. Today I’ve chosen to share some of the swooniest, most romantic, most lovey dovey things that book characters have said to each other. I’ve limited the list to books I’ve actually read and can vouch for.
1. “You’re like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again.”
― Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver
2. “For there are no limits to the stars, their numbers infinite. Which is precisely why I measure my love for you by the stars. An amount too boundless to count.”
– Kerri Maniscalco, Hunting Prince Dracula
3. “I am broken and healing, but every piece of my heart belong to you.”
– Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Mist and Fury
4. “I think I died to be reborn with you”
― Jodi Meadows, Incarnate
5. “There is no end to our story.”
― Leigh Bardugo, Siege and Storm
6. “I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I’d catch myself walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I’d seen something that I wanted to tell you about or because I wanted to hear your voice. And then I’d realize that you weren’t there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me. I’ve risked my life for you. I’ve walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I’d do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don’t tell me we don’t belong together.”
― Leigh Bardugo, Shadow and Bone
7. “I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you.”
— Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
8. “Your soul sings to mine. My soul is yours, and it always will be, in any world. No matter what happens.”
— Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone
9. “I have no need for a world without you in it.”
— Claudia Gray, A Thousand Pieces of You
10. “How could you not know?” His voice was full of wonderment. “You changed me utterly. You were like a…like a bright, wonderful bloom in a garden full of weeds. Like a graceful capital on a page of plain script, a letter decorated with the deepest, finest colors in all Erin. Like a flame, Caitrin. Like a song.”
― Juliet Marillier,
What’s your very favorite romance novel? What about your favorite romantic quote or scene? I’d love recommendations, or to hear your thoughts on the quotes I shared!