Welcome to another TTT! This week’s topic is about those wonderful non-romantic relationships we read about in books that warm our hearts and make us smile. I cannot get enough of these kinds of relationships in my books, so I can’t wait to jump around the Linky and find more books to add to my TBR! My list focuses on best friends and wonderful families.
1. Cinder and Thorne in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
One of my favorite platonic boy-girl friendships.
2. Cinder and Iko in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
A girl and her devoted android.
3. Roar and Aria/Perry from Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Roar is the BEST friend ever. And Roar and Perry have the very best bromance I’ve read.
4. The Weasley Family in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
This family. I don’t need to say much more than that.
5. Lucien and Feyre in A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
It’s always nice to have a snarky guy in your corner to make sure you’re doing ok.
6. Kylie and Will in From What I Remember… by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas
Will is the gay best friend that every girl needs!
7. The Family in The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland
Everyone loves each other, even though they all carry scars from difficult pasts. Their trials brought them together, though, into this tight make-shift family that I LOVED.
8. Clem’s Family in Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker
Her parents are wonderful, and her sister reminds me so much of my little sister–always wanting to tag along, looking up to you, and being your biggest fan. he also has a sweet disposition and a goofy sense of humor.
9. Maggie and Roux from Also Known As by Robin Benway
Roux is a mean girl who got a huge dose of karma, and is now the social outcast. Her new status has made her very uninhibited, and the girl has no filter. She gloms on to Maggie, and the two become inseparable.
10. Angelo (Maggie’s Honorary Uncle) from Also Known As by Robin Benway
He’s this suave, debonair, dapper older gentleman who is also part of The Collective (the spy organization Maggie and her parents are members of). He is a very close friend of Maggie and her family. I love his relationship with Maggie most of all. He is just so loving, and he adores her in this grandfatherly way. I just found him to be so charming and likable.