Welcome to another TTT! This week is Thanksgiving in the USA, so I thought a thankful freebie would be fun. This year has been HARD. So, so hard on so many people. We’ve all been stretched and challenged in ways we didn’t expect would ever happen: quarantine, canceled trips and events, isolation from family and friends, health challenges, loss of life or quality of life, loss of jobs, fear of all kinds, unkindness, hatred, etc. This year has been a LOT. So I thought it would be therapeutic to set all that aside for a few minutes and reflect on what’s gone right for me and what I’m thankful for.
1. I am thankful for my mom and my sister. They are my biggest cheerleaders, my confidants, and my best friends. My mom and I laugh together, cry together, and are pretty much the same person. She also takes care of me and is always looking out for what I need.
2. I am thankful that I get to live in such a beautiful place!
3. I am thankful for all the awesome travel experiences I’ve had throughout my life. I’m sad I didn’t get to go on my big exciting trip this year, but I will get to someday. Instead, I’ve reflected on what travel has done for me. Through traveling, I have learned so much about myself, what I am capable of, and how lucky I am. I’ve also learned a lot about culture, language, and what an awesome world we live in.
4. I am thankful for animals, whether they are mine, a friend’s, or a stranger’s on Instagram. They never cease to make me smile.
5. I am thankful for books. I love reading and escaping to new worlds and meet new people. Romances have saved me during this pandemic because they remind me of what life will be like again someday.
6. I am thankful for the new and/or stronger friendships I’ve made this year. I found a really nice group of people who have lifted me up and supported me and I love them for it. We’ve had lots of zoom visits and book discussions and have shared all kinds of life things with each other. It’s so refreshing to have this!
7. I’m thankful for my education.
8. I’m thankful for music, and the ability I have to connect with it on such a deep level.
9. I’m thankful for my talents of creativity and singing.
10. I’m thankful for my Heavenly Father.
What are you thankful for this year?