The Christmas Songs Book Tag has become a pretty popular feature on my blog each year as part of A Bookish Little Christmas! I created this tag in 2015 and bring it back each year for people to participate in. Because I do this every year, I am limiting my choices to books I’ve read in 2020. You can do whatever you would like. :)
1. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”: Favorite bookish couple.
Stacey and Dex from Well Played by Jen DeLuca
2. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”: Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.).
Zoey from The Tourist Attraction by Sarah Morgenthaler. She’s on a bucket list vacation in Alaska!
3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.).
Rolling In the Deep by Seanan McGuire.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“: What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
The Gem Thief by Sian Ann Bessey and Well Played by Jen DeLuca. I loved both of these books so much, and would love copies for my bookshelf! And if Santa wants to be REALLY nice, I’d love ARCs of The Bride Bet by Tessa Dare, Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle, and Well Matched by Jen DeLuca.
5. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Which book turned your nose red (made you cry)?
You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle gave me all the feels.
6. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Your favorite book/kind of book to read during the holidays.
Christmas romances!! So far I’ve read a handful of great ones! I loved Jana Aston’s Reindeer Falls trilogy, Scrooged by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward, and Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Sarah Morgenthaler.
7. “We Three Kings”: Your favorite trilogy.
Hopefully it won’t be a trilogy forever, but I read and LOVED all three of the Moose Springs, Alaska books by Sarah Morgenthaler this year.
8. “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”: A character you would love to be snowed in with.
Cooper from Whiteout by Adriana Anders. He is super swoony, very caring, and good in times of crisis. I know he’d take care of me. He got Angel across the Antarctic tundra while being pursued by murderers and knew just how to keep her warm while he did it. I could totally be snowed in with a guy like him, where all we do is cuddle and fall in love. No thanks to the trek in a blizzard.
9. “Last Christmas”: A book that seriously let you down.
Home Before Dark by Riley Sager. I have loved every book of his to date, but this one was… not good.
10. “White Christmas”: An upcoming release you’re dreaming about.
Well Matched by Jen DeLuca!!
Which books would you pick for the prompts?