Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at the other blog I write for, The Broke and the Bookish.
This week we’ve been given the prompt of a “Halloween-themed freebie”. I decided to talk about things in books that creep me out because I’m basically the biggest chicken ever so this won’t even be hard. So here we go!
1. Ghosts. I don’t do haunted things. I just can’t. Seriously.
2. Murderers. I can handle this, though. lol. I just get terrified really fast.
3. Stalkers. It’s the waiting, you guys. Waiting for something to happen. I call it scary tension.
4. Foggy, craggy shores at night. What foggy, craggy shore doesn’t have a deadly person/thing hanging around it?
5. Zombies. I’m just not a fan of people eating other people.
6. The entire Southern Gothic genre is creepy, but I love it! It’s atmospheric!
7. Possessed animals. I’m talking The Hound of the Baskervilles. Or Nancy Drew’s Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake. Wait, that’s a computer game. In any case, it’s scary.
8. Curses. No no no no no no no no.
9. When a character is home alone and they hear something bump or creek in their house. All of a sudden, I have Vulcan hearing and can hear all things.
10. Medical stories that don’t go down so well. Like if the character is drugged and can’t do something! Or if it’s a yucky plague or deadly virus. Remember? I’m a germaphobe.
What creeps you out in books? Do you have a high threshold, or are you totally wimpy like me?