This week is Thanksgiving in the USA, and I had lofty goals for an awesome Thanksgiving TTT… but I’m sick in bed with the flu and completely forgot today was TTT day. And honestly, I’m too sick to think of anything right now anyway. So, I’ll just be posting the link-up this week. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. And if you’re the praying sort, please say a prayer for me that I’ll be well in time to enjoy the day with my family and not stay quarantined to protect them from catching my illness. Thank you!
Welcome to another TTT! I started blogging in 2010 as a co-owner of The Broke & the Bookish, before starting That Artsy Reader Girl about a year and a half later. I have gone through a LOT of life changes, so it only makes sense that my reading life changed as well. I thought it’d be fun to share how my reading (and blogging) life has changed since I was a baby blogger 10 years ago.
1. The Broke & the Bookish shut down last year, so now I only blog here.
2. I took over hosting Top Ten Tuesday last year and Broke & Bookish Secret Santa this year!
3. I joined a blog tour company and now co-own The FFBC.
4. I’ve actually fallen out of love with YA lit, which has me floored and kind of sad. lol.
5. So that means I’m an adult book blogger instead of a YA book blogger! Never thought I’d say that. I’ve had to kind of start over and build relationships with new publishers, but it’s been awesome.
6. I read on my Kindle WAY more often now because I’ve run out of room and the shift from physical ARCs has really shifted to digital.
7. I used to read a lot of fantasy and sci-fi, but now I gravitate towards adult contemporary romance and historical mysteries.
8. I read less than I used to.
9. It’s harder for me to fall in love with a book than it used to be, which is not a good thing at all. lol
10. I no longer feel this compulsion to get/request/accept ALL the ARCs like I used to. I just grab my most anticipated ones and don’t hoard like a did as a new blogger. I also am pickier with the books I accept for review, and have learned to not feel so guilty when I decline a review request.
So… maybe this wasn’t the most exciting topic, but I loved the idea of
having a reflection post reminiscent of a journal entry or something.
How has your reading life change recently or over time?
Welcome to another TTT! I love bookmarks. I have a pretty large collection of them, but the funny thing is… I rarely use them. I read mostly on my Kindle, and when I don’t… I dog-ear my physical books! I don’t even care! I actually think dog-earing books is fun because then when I go back and re-read, I can see where I left off the last time. Anyway, I’ve pulled out my box of bookmarks and am sharing my 10 favorites with you today! Most of my bookmarks are magnetic (I LOVE THEM), but I’ve got some traditional ones with ribbons and tassels as well.
NOTE: While you’re here, you might like to know that Broke & Bookish Secret Santa has moved to That Artsy Reader Girl and sign-ups close Tuesday (11/12) night at 11:59 PM MST! Feel free to click the #TBTBSanta link in my menu bar or the event logo in my sidebar and sign up for a little Christmas cheer!
Reading In Bed Beaded Bookmark (buy here)
Hot Air Balloon Magnetic Bookmark (part of this set)
Whale Magnetic Bookmark (buy here)
Initial It Bookmark Letter J (buy one like it here)
Cat On Book Stack (was a gift, no idea where it came from)
Mahogany Belize Bookmark (bought this from the woman who made it in Belize)
Friends Over New York NY Bookmark (buy here)
Pancakes Magnetic Bookmark (discontinued by craftedvan)
Milk and Cookies Magnetic Bookmark Mini Set (buy here)
Show me your favorite bookmarks!
(My Linky service seems to be having problems today, and gave me major issues generating the Linky. Please leave your links in the comments if it’s not working. I’m looking into an alternative service, so if you know of a good one please let me know!)
Welcome back to another TTT! Your Halloween topics from last week were so much fun! This week I’m sharing books that give off Autumn vibes. I’ve chosen to focus on book covers and pick ones that looks cozy and fall and wonderful to read this time of year!
Meet Me On Love Lane by Nina Bocci
The Bakeshop at Pumpkin and Spice by Donna Kauffman, Kate Angell, & Allyson Charles
Cider Brook by Carla Neggers
Harvest Moon by Robyn Carr
Sunrise Cabin by Stacey Donovan
He’s So Fine by Jill Shalvis
Marrying Daisy Bellamy by Susan Wiggs
When Lightning Strikes by Brenda Novak
A Thankful Heart by Melissa McClone
Totally His by Erin Nicholas
How did you interpret this week’s topic?
Have you read any of these books? What did you think?