I love Christmas songs so much! I listen to them all December, and they make me so happy. They also remind me of my childhood, and how excited I would get when my favorites would come on. While I was playing some of my favorite Christmas albums as I decorated my Christmas tree over the weekend, I found myself also being reminded of certain books and characters I’ve read (or read about) over the years (does Christmas make you super nostalgic, too?). And, voila! A book tag was born! I’ve been having a lot of fun with some of the other book tags I’ve found around the Internet, so I thought I’d make one myself to help us get in the Christmas spirit.
I hope you’ll join in on the fun. :) If you would like to participate, grab the button and make sure to link yours up in the Linky below so I can come visit! I can’t wait to see which books you choose to feature. :)
1. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”: Name your favorite bookish couple.
Willem De Ruiter and Allyson “Lulu” Healey from the Just One Day books by Gayle Forman. I love these two, and how their love can jump hurdles and dodge punches from every direction.
2. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”: Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.).
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I love Anna’s whirlwind romance while away for school in Paris.
3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.).
Snowed Over by Angie Stanton is my absolute favorite Christmas book, and it is short enough to read every year! It’s new adult, and involves a blizzard, a cabin, and a swoony romance.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“: What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
I really want the two Veronica Mars novels: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line and Mr. Kiss and Tell. I just barely watched the series for the first time, and I’m addicted and want more.
5. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Which book turned your nose red? (made you cry)
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. For all the obvious reasons.
6. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: What’s your favorite book to read during the holidays? (re-read? or a specific genre?)
I love the Let It Snow anthology by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle. I try my hardest to read it every year, but at least Green’s tale because it’s hilarious and very feel-good.
7. “We Three Kings”: What’s your favorite trilogy?
This is very hard. Why did I do this to myself? I have three. The Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi, the Newsoul trilogy by Jodi Meadows, and The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo.
8. “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”: Which character would you not mind being snowed in with?
I have too many book boyfriends. Again, why did I do this? Sam from Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, and Michael from Nocturne by Syrie James.
9. “Last Christmas”: Which book seriously let you down?
Shadowlands by Kate Brian. That. Ending. I was so mad. It took a huge turn for the worse, and I’m not even interested in reading the rest of the series.
10. “White Christmas”: Which upcoming release are you dreaming of?
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME NOW.
Which books remind you of these songs?
I tag you!