Welcome to another TTT! I started blogging in 2010 as a co-owner of The Broke & the Bookish, before starting That Artsy Reader Girl about a year and a half later. I have gone through a LOT of life changes, so it only makes sense that my reading life changed as well. I thought it’d be fun to share how my reading (and blogging) life has changed since I was a baby blogger 10 years ago.
1. The Broke & the Bookish shut down last year, so now I only blog here.
2. I took over hosting Top Ten Tuesday last year and Broke & Bookish Secret Santa this year!
3. I’ve actually fallen out of love with YA lit, which has me floored and kind of sad. lol.
4. So that means I’m an adult book blogger instead of a YA book blogger! Never thought I’d say that. I’ve had to kind of start over and build relationships with new publishers, but it’s been awesome.
5. I read on my Kindle WAY more often now because I’ve run out of room and the shift from physical ARCs has really shifted to digital.
6. I used to read a lot of fantasy and sci-fi, but now I gravitate towards adult contemporary romance and historical mysteries.
7. I read less than I used to.
8. It’s harder for me to fall in love with a book than it used to be, which is not a good thing at all. lol
9. I no longer feel this compulsion to get/request/accept ALL the ARCs like I used to. I just grab my most anticipated ones and don’t hoard like a did as a new blogger. I also am pickier with the books I accept for review, and have learned to not feel so guilty when I decline a review request.
So… maybe this wasn’t the most exciting topic, but I loved the idea of
having a reflection post reminiscent of a journal entry or something.
How has your reading life change recently or over time?