Welcome to another TTT! I hope your week is off to a good start. What are you excited about right now? The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Halloween update drops tonight, so that’s what I’m looking forward to right now!
This week’s topic is “Favorite Book Quotes”. I share quotes a lot on my blog, so I chose to share quotes for book lovers today. These are quotes about books and reading and how wonderful it is to be bookish. I’m excited to see which quotes you featured this week!
1. “A good book is an event in my life.” – Stendhal
2. “The unread story is not a story; it is little black marks on wood pulp. The reader, reading it, makes it live: a live thing, a story.” — Ursula K. Le Guin
3. “Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere.” — Jean Rhys
4. “You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive.” – James Baldwin
5. “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” ― Charles W. Eliot
6. “A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
7. “I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else.” ― Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane
8. “I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” – Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
9. “Books make people quiet, yet they are so loud.” – Nnedi Okorafor, The Book of Phoenix
10. “Everything in the world exists in order to end up as a book.” ― Stéphane Mallarmé
It was so much fun looking through quotes I’ve saved and browsing a bunch online! There were so many great ones to choose from, but I tried to pick some of the ones I don’t see all over the place. Hope you enjoy!
What are some of your favorite bookish quotes?